A RECIPE FROM HOUSEWIFE ECLECTIC
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream together the bananas, sugar and shortening (The longer these ingredients cream, the better the bread).
- Add the remaining ingredients and place in a greased and floured bread pan (This recipe makes two loafs).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Poke with a toothpick or something small to make sure it is done. If not, let it stay in for another 5 minutes. Continue until the toothpick comes out clean.