Chicken Fiesta Tostada
A RECIPE FROM HOUSEWIFE ECLECTIC
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- corn, canned or frozen
PICO DE GALLO
- ranch dressing
- chipotle sauce
- Cook chicken breasts in a crock pot on low, for six hours, with a little bit of water and half the taco seasonings packet.
- Meanwhile, cook as much rice as your family typically eats and add the remaining half of the taco seasoning packet to the rice.
- When the chicken is done, shred it.
- Make tostadas by placing corn tortillas in hot oil until brown and crispy.
- Assemble the tostada by placing the rice atop the crisped tortilla shell and then topping that with shredded chicken and cooked corn.
- Top all this with pico de gallo and the mild sauce.
- Sprinkle with avocados and cilantro, as desired.
PICO DE GALLO PREPARATION
- Finely dice a roma tomato and quarter an onion.
- Finely chop 1/4 of a bunch cilantro.
- Carefully stir the ingredients together.
MILD SAUCE PREPARATION
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup ranch dressing with 1-2 Tablespoons chipotle sauce and stir well.