- 1 package active dry yeast (1 Tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all purpose flour
- cinnamon sugar
- Put 1/2 of the flour in a large bowl.
- Pour in liquids, sugar, shortening, salt and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the rest of the flour until the dough is easy to handle.
- Turn dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth for about 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, making sure to turn greased side up. Cover and let rise until dough doubles in size.
- Shape and let rise.
- Roll the dough out flat. Spread butter on the dough and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Roll up the dough and cut into slices.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until the tops of the rolls start to slightly brown (about 10 minutes).
- Frost with icing, if desired.
View original post here