Fish and Mango Tacos
A RECIPE FROM HOUSEWIFE ECLECTIC
- 4 talapia fish fillets (fresh or frozen)
- Japanese bread crumbs (Panko)
- Shredded Monterrey cheese
- Green cabbage
- Corn tortillas
- Ranch dressing
- Chipotle sauce
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 onion
- 3 limes
- 1 egg
- Slice tilapia down the center, making two smaller fillets.
- Lightly dip the fillet in flour, then in a bowl of egg and finally coat it in Japanese bread crumbs.
- Place the fish in a tray and leave in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour to allow the breading to stick.
- Cook the fish in olive oil until both sides are a light brown.
- Make pico de gallo salsa by finely chopping tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Combine ingredients.
- Make sauce by combining equal amounts ranch dressing and chipotle sauce.
- Serve fish in tortillas.
- Top with finely chopped cabbage, shredded cheese, sauce, pico de gallo or mango salsa and lightly spray with lime juice.