- 1 1/4 cups flour (plus some extra for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick cold butter
- 2-4 Tablespoons iced water
- Mix together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the mixture. Mix until there are only pea-sized butter pieces remaining.
- Add the water a little at a time until the dough will stay together when it is squeezed.
- Press the dough out until it is about 1-inch thick. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out on a floured surface until the dough creates a 13-14-inch circle.
- Roll over the pie plate and cut off the excess dough.
- NOTE: This only makes one crust. If you need a top and a bottom crust you will need to double this recipe.
View original post here