Potatoes & Ham Au Gratin
A RECIPE FROM HOUSEWIFE ECLECTIC
- 3 cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter (soft)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Velveeta or other cheese
- 4 large potatoes
1 lb. ham slices, thick
- Peel and cook the potatoes.
- Slice potatoes and layer the slices into a casserole dish with the ham slices. (You can also use the prepackaged ham cubes, if you don't make a full ham that often.)
- Combine the other ingredients into a sauce and whisk together.
- Add as much or as little cheese as you want to the sauce and pour the sauce over the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- This recipe makes a medium-sized casserole.