Spice-rubbed Crockpot Roast
A RECIPE FROM HOUSEWIFE ECLECTIC
- BBQ Sauce
- Spices for rub
SPICE RUB INGREDIENTS
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne (red) pepper
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Mix the spices and herbs together well until evenly blended.
- Sprinkle spice rub over outside of roast. Cover the meat on all sides.
- Brown all edges of the meat in frying pan.
- Put the roast in the crock pot and smother it with BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- After cooking, pull out the roast and, using a serrated knife, slice against the grain. Slice into strips about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Keep the roast together as tightly as possible even with the slices.
- Transfer the roast into a baking pan and pour some more BBQ sauce over top.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.