- 1 sheet of sushi seaweed
- 2 cups short-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package imitation crab meat
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- Start with the sauce by combining the sugar, vinegar and salt over medium heat, stirring often. Continuing until the salt and sugar are dissolved in the vinegar.
- Allow to cool.
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear.
- Add 3 cups water to the rice and cook until boiling. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Keep lid on the rice for 10 more minutes to allow the rice to continue to steam.
- Combine the sauce and rice on a cookie sheet. Stir together until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut all fillings into long, thin spears.
- Lay out your sushi rolling mat horizontally, covering it with plastic wrap.
- Place the seaweed on the mat and spread rice over the seaweed, leaving an uncoated edge to use as a seal.
- Arrange the filling horizontally across the rice.
- Wet the uncovered edge and use the mat to roll into a tight roll. Use the wet edge to seal the roll.
- Cut the sushi into circular slices.
View original post here